What Is Pay-per-Click Marketing?
This is a digital advertising model in which businesses can display ads on a publisher’s website. Pay-per-click (PPC) marketing entails the business, the ad network they are working with, and the publisher.
How pay-per-click search advertising works
When an individual clicks on one of these ads, the business will pay the publisher a small fee. This type of marketing is effective because companies only pay for their ad when clicked on, rather than paying for impressions or views like other types of digital campaigns. Also, the amount of money the business pays is determined by how much they bid on keywords. The higher the bid, the more likely their ad will be displayed on the website.
Some of the popular PPC marketing platforms include:
Types of pay-per-click advertising to grow your business
1. Paid search marketing
Paid search marketing is a type of pay-per-click advertising that allows businesses to advertise their products or services on a search engine, such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo. This is effective because it will enable businesses to specifically target individuals who are already interested in what they have to offer. In addition, paid search marketing provides various features companies can use to customize their ads and increase awareness.
2. Display advertising
Display ads include banner ads, rich media ads, and video ads. Display advertising is pay-per-click advertising typically used to raise awareness about a product or service on a website or app. Using display advertising allows businesses to specifically target their audience with ads that are relevant to them.
3. Social media advertising
Social media advertising is a type of pay-per-click advertising that involves advertising products or services on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. PPC marketing on such platforms allows businesses to target individuals based on their interests, demographics, and behavior.
4. Retargeting PPC advertising
5. Price comparison website advertising
Businesses can use price comparison website advertising to draw attention to their products or services by displaying their ads on a website that compares the prices of similar products or services. To generate more informed marketing, businesses can use price comparison website advertising with other pay-per-click advertising, such as display advertising or retargeting. This helps companies create a more holistic view of their customer’s journeys and allows them to allocate their marketing budget better.
6. Affiliate marketing
This creates PPC marketing by displaying ads on behalf of another business. The advertisement is linked to the affiliate’s website, and when a customer clicks on the ad and makes a purchase from the company, the affiliate will receive a commission. This marketing allows companies to tap into new markets and reach customers they would not have otherwise had access to. PPC marketing can be an effective way to grow your business.
7. Instream ads
These are video ads that show up in the middle of a video that someone is watching. The advantage of using instream ads is that they can be very effective in getting someone’s attention since they interrupt what the person is currently doing. It’s also very targeted since you can specifically target people based on their interests.
Reasons To Use Pay-per-Click Marketing to Grow Your Business
Every business is different. However, PPC marketing can benefit all businesses, big or small. Here are reasons you should consider using PPC marketing:
- Cost-effective: PPC ads are cost-effective because they only cost money when someone clicks on them. Also, businesses can set a budget for how much they want to spend on PPC ads and not exceed that amount.
- Fast advertising results: PPC ads produce quick results. PPC ads are immediate in that they can be set up and start generating leads and conversions within a short time.
- Easy testing and control: PPC ads can be easily tested to see what works and doesn’t. This allows businesses to fine-tune their campaigns to get the best results. PPC ads can quickly and easily adjust based on changing needs and goals.
- Ideal customer targeting: PPC marketing can be an effective way to grow your business since they allow customer targeting.
- Algorithm changes have minimal effect on PPC ads: One of the advantages of PPC advertising is that algorithm changes have little impact on them. This is because PPC ads are not reliant on organic reach like SEO. PPC ads are purchased from the search engine, so they are not affected by algorithm changes.
- PPC ads data can improve SEO: PPC ads can improve your SEO marketing by giving you data on what keywords are converting and which ones are not.
Choosing the Right PPC Ads Partner
Not all PPC ad platforms are created equal. Choosing a partner that is right for your paid advertising is essential by considering the size of your business, business goals, budget, target audience, and the products or services you are selling. By using a variety of pay-per-click advertising platforms, businesses can specifically target their audience and create ads that are relevant to them. This helps companies to generate more leads and convert more customers.
At Kore Media, we understand the importance of choosing the right PPC ads platform for your business. We will work with you to create a customized PPC marketing solution that meets your specific business needs. Let’s talk today and see how we can help you grow your business with PPC marketing.